In February 2020, long before COVID-19 quarantine began, the Holy Spirit was speaking to Tribe leadership about two specific areas for us as a Tribe fam to focus on this summer:
- Connection: With different summer schedules and all of us wanting to get out and enjoy this beautiful place, how do we stay connected as a family throughout the summer?
- Going Deeper: The Holy Spirit was stirring in our hearts these two questions: how do we help our Tribe fam go deeper in their own individual walks with the Lord, and how do we expand their knowledge and understanding of God’s Word so they can really grab a hold of the meaning of not just being a believer in God but becoming a disciple of Jesus?
Connection: Tribe Discipleship Church is 12 weeks of going deeper with our Tribe fam. For 9 of the 12 weeks, we will meet at various home campuses around the valley during the months of June, July, and August. Different campuses will meet on several days/nights and times throughout the week so our Jackson families can choose a meeting time that best fits their schedule. Additionally we will meet for large-group celebration services a total of 3 times, once per summer month.
Going Deeper: Each week Discipleship Church campuses will practice being the church by worshipping (led by Lissa via video or a leader in the group), bringing our tithes and offerings to the Lord, listening to a spiritual nugget from God’s Word provided by Brian (via video), and then reading the Word out loud together, digging into Scripture, asking questions, discussing, sharing in communion, praying for one another, and sharing in a meal together.
We will kick off Tribe DISCIPLESHIP CHURCH: 12 WEEKS OF GOING DEEPER on June 21st at 5:30 p.m. with our first large-group celebration on the hillside at King’s Grill. Campuses will then begin meeting the following week. See the calendar below for the rest of the summer schedule.
DISCIPLESHIP CHURCH / varying days and times throughout the week / at-Home Campuses
LARGE GROUP CELEBRATIONS
June 21, July 19, August 16 / 5:30pm
September 13th Tribe begins meeting weekly at our new location—To be announced soon
McKean East Campus
55 McKean Lane
Hosting: Josh & Leah Gibson
Leading: Tim & Kathi Vetter
Mondays 6:00 PM
Start Date: June 29
Rancher East Campus
440 Rancher Street #8
Hosting: Zack & Anna Shelton
Leading: Braden & Meredith Olson
Wednesdays 7:00 PM
Start Date: JULY 1
Longhorn Rafter J Campus
1020 W Longhorn Dr
Hosting: Brian & Lissa Hunter
Leading: Hunters & Abads
Mondays 6:00 PM
Start Date: JUNE 29
Buckrail Rafter J Campus
1900 W Buckrail
Hosting: Corey & Amanda Lack
Leading: Lee & Colleen Martin
Sundays 10:30 AM
Start Date: JUNE 28
9875 S US Hwy 89
Hosting: Joe & Kim Paulson
Leading: Paulsons & Rodriguez-Everard
Thursdays 6:30 PM
Start Date: JULY 2
As Teton County and the rest of the country begin to cautiously open up, so will Tribe. According to the current state order here in WY, All churches are allowed to gather in groups of MORE THAN 25.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Tribe exists to make the name of Jesus famous in Jackson Hole and to the uttermost bounds of the earth by building strong families, connecting through community, developing Servant Leaders, and making disciples that will change the world.
In all that we do at Tribe, we strive to be mindful of where each person is on their journey. Without compromising the Gospel, we aim to make new people feel loved and welcomed while encouraging mature believers to press on to a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- Family- The most important social structure created by God. We treat each other with love and respect, and we stick together.
- Honor- We value people the way God sees them, and we strive for excellence in all we do because it brings glory to God to maximize our potential
- Creativity- We pursue fresh, Holy Spirit- inspired ways to fulfill the mission of Tribe
- Fun- We take our faith seriously, but not ourselves
- Servant Leadership- We look for opportunities to develop others as we ourselves are continually being developed to help a lost and broken world
WE WANNA HEAR FROM YOU
Brian is a former ski bum and disciple of Jesus, Lissa's husband, Selah and Kai's dad, and adventurer in the mountains. He is the founding and lead pastor of Tribe located in beautiful Jackson, Wyoming. Brian’s greatest passion is to build strong families and make disciples that can spread the love of God to the uttermost bounds of the earth. A graduate from Oral Roberts University and an ordained minister. Brian's motto - Strong to the Finish. Anyone can start the race, it's how you finish that counts!
Lissa has always had a gift for writing and performing music, and when she combines it with ministry, God uses her to soften even the hardest of hearts. When she’s not skiing, hiking, or camping with her family, she’s either strumming her Rainsong creating new melodies or she’s working with her hands to build furniture or remodel homes. Lissa loves people, and her heart for helping them is evident in everything she sets her hand (or voice) to.
Loren Scales - Jr High
Corey Lack- Media
Joy Abad- Elementary Coordinator
Heidi Somers- Prayer and Prophetic Ministry
WATCH BRIAN'S STORY